The mission of Central Texas Christian School is to “educate students with the transforming truth of Christ, inspiring academic excellence, Godly character and integrity in life pursuits”. The educational philosophy that guides this mission and the processes by which the mission is accomplished include the following:
Biblical World View
At Central Texas Christian School, knowledge is imparted through the filter of God’s Word and a Biblical Worldview. This philosophy holds to the belief that knowledge is dependent on truth, and truth is dependent upon the character of God. We hold to the philosophy that knowledge apart from the wisdom of God can be detrimental to a culture or society. Students will gain an understanding of the truth of the Bible, and its relevance in history, in modern day, and in the future, as well as be trained in the life application of God’s truth for everyday living.
CTCS academic program equips students intellectually, and provides the skills and inspiration to encourage a desire to become life-long learners. The programs, courses and instructional strategies are selected and implemented in a way that provides for the attainment of knowledge, wisdom, application and skills, inspiring a desire for even greater discovery. Central Texas Christian School’s academic curriculum will be integrated both horizontally and vertically, with special attention placed on developing skills in reading, writing, logical reasoning, rhetorical argumentation, language development, and fine arts, while at the same time providing a fully developed athletic and extra-curricular program accessible to all students.
With an understanding that the Bible places the responsibility of the teaching and training of children on the parents, we hold to the philosophy that God has placed Central Texas Christian School in a position to come alongside parents in the teaching and training of their children. The school is not designed to take the place of the parental responsibility, but rather to be a valuable ally and resource for the parents in raising up generations of young people that will make an impact on the culture for the Kingdom of God. Biblical parenting is not a passive process, but rather a passionate and active leadership by the parents.
- Godly integrity
- Prayerful decision making
- Adherence to the authority of God’s Word
- Relationships based on unconditional love
- Christ-centered instruction/curriculum
- Academic excellence
- Christ-like servanthood
Statement of Faith
- We believe there is one God eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His resurrection from the dead, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return to power and glory.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in the necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). “Salvation is not of works lest any man should boast but is the gift of God whereby men are saved by grace through faith in the atoning work of Jesus Christ.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. The saved unto resurrection of life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe that our salvation is eternally secure. (John 10:28-29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen 1:26-27). God has uniquely created each person to live their life as He created them, male or female, to serve and glorify God in their life.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.